~:[CH8 - Day 187]:~ Our Virtual Reality
You can dream of places far and wide, but until you actually step foot into that place, you live in a world you cannot truly experience. As we venture into a world where we can travel thousands of miles without leaving our bedroom, we sometimes can miss out on the opportunities that await us. As I began to wrap up everything from my last trip, I've been lucky to experience all that I've seen, but never experienced. While this trip seemed to be an opportunity to catch up with friends and meet new ones rather than a vacation, it was amazing to experience the true realities that exist beyond the virtual spaces that we are so connected to. As I now do some work to wrap up some of the work that I received over the course of the trip, I am so happy to know that I've made my connect to people who are so distant, as while we will only be able to have digital conversations for a bit of time, our relationships have changed due to our opportunities to meet face to face. The reality is, whether is tens of miles or thousands of miles, going out and experiencing rather than simply sitting behind a screen and connecting with the digital version has a distance that is immeasurable. The realities of life are something that nothing on this world wide web can truly teach you. Strangely, I sit here sorting my way through all the files I have to work on over the coming weeks as I once again lock myself away from the world, but with each file, my experiences the past few weeks give me something tangible that I can relate to. Luck gave me the opportunities I was presented on this trip, but the fact that I went out and took that opportunity helped me discover so much. There is a sadness that resides within me as I have once again left behind a place that I so dearly love, as while I love being home, the new realities I have discovered keep me yearning to discover more. It's only a matter of time.


No comments:
Post a Comment