~:[CH9 - Day 122]:~ See Food, No Seafood
One of my favorite memories that runs through my mind is people saying, "do you want to see food?" and then opening their mouths. I saw it on TV, but also in real life, always falling for it. It was strange to remember that today. With the stash of meat out in the fridge (aside from frozen meat), it was time to get a little creative. I had two Italian sausage links, some bacon, and some frozen chicken. I had more than enough vegetables and so I ended up with a great idea, paella! Of course, I didn't have shrimp or mussels and wasn't about to go shopping just for those two items, so I made due with what I had. It would not disappoint. Resourcefulness has become a key word in my life right now. I've found a way to make things work. It's been nice to catch up on things and to save money, yet constantly having to make things works has kept my mind stimulated and the time pass by a bit quicker. In the end, I figured it out and ended up with a decent tasting dish despite winging it. With some added time with the ohana, it was a wonderful day even if it wasn't a seafood kind of day.


No comments:
Post a Comment