~:[CH9 - Day 139]:~ Work in Progress
I've always been a person who tries to fix things and make it better. Along the way, I learned that while perfection is good, I also can't obsess over every last detail. Finding a balance between good quality work, but also avoiding stress and anxiety. However, despite that fact, much like my art, I think that we as humans are that work in progress. People seem to strive to be perfect, but in reality perfection is but a fallacy that many chase before they fall flat on their face. As when you find "perfection" there will always be something greater than where you are at. Rather than that, I like taking the approach of seeing our lives as a work in progress. We have ambition, but we're also not looking towards perfection, we're trying to better ourselves, but at the same time, we don't allow it to consume us. In all facets of my life, this work in progress has been the case. From work to my personal life, I've always tried to find ways to improve myself, yet I've also learned to balance that with finding the time to enjoy my time. We're going to make mistakes and fall down every once in awhile, but that's why we patch ourselves us, let ourselves heal and work on improving ourselves again. This time really has allowed me to see what I need to work on and to look back at all the times I've fallen and what I can do to make sure I don't fall in the same way again. I can't go back in the past and change the decisions I've made or the things I didn't do, but I can step forward confidently knowing that when the time comes, I can make a better decision. An artists mind never stops as it's always in the process of creating and we as humans should take on that artists mindset and keep working on creating the best version of ourselves, imperfections and all.


No comments:
Post a Comment