~:[CH9 - Day 151]:~ The Answer Within Us All
I wished. I hoped. I prayed.
I saw a wave of posts crash down. I saw people frustrated by what is happening and even more angered by what is not being done. As time has passed, issues that have been buried may have disappeared, but the more that they try to bury, that hole soon will become a mountain. It is something that can no longer be hidden and it is something that we can no longer allow to be buried. Sadly, we have a president who has done nothing but responded with divisive comments, attacking rivals, passing the blame and also throwing out threats. Not once has he sent a message to try and unify us together. However, our lessons from the past also teach us that a president is not the only leader we should look towards to guide us in our most troubling times.
I cannot sit here and tell you what to believe or what you should do, but I do implore you to find that answer that is in us all. I see a world so full of anger, rage and frustration. There is good reasons to be, however, as I read in between post after post about what's going on, I also saw one that stood out, it's before we change the world, we need to change ourselves. We can be emotional, there is good reason to be, but we also cannot be filled with hate. We must turn the fear and anger into confidence and determination. We must be vocal and passionate, but also self-disciplined and show self-restraint.
Looting, vandalism and violence is not the answer. Covering up these crimes is also not the answer. A lot of repair is needed in this country, however, that repair is needed from top to bottom. If you feel the need, get out and let your voice be heard, stand your ground, and rise up in times of injustice, but in the process, bring the greatest weapons you can have with you, passion, confidence, and determination paired with discipline and restraint.
One of the greatest leaders of our time showed us that this approach worked. He stood his ground against those who doubted him and walked that middle ground where progress was found. It wasn't an easy road, but it is one that gained him the honor and respect that he has today. Don't allow your rights and freedoms to be taken away, but don't trample on others in the process of trying to reclaim those rights.
There are a lot of issues we've had to face recently. I've wished that we could overcome this. I hoped that we all could find the answers within ourselves. I prayed for all of humanity, as more than ever, we need it. Let's unleash your voice so it can be heard, but let's also reveal your heart so it can be shared.


No comments:
Post a Comment