~:[CH9 - Day 138]:~ Touching the Heart
It was one of my grocery stops for the month. I normally have two and along with that I swing by and grab some boba. This time, I ran into two while touring through the TC and we ended up just chatting a bit. It's weird to have to keep your distance, but you do what you got to do. Regardless, it was nice to be outside on a nice day and be able to chat even though we were at least the minimum distance apart the whole time. A hand shake, a pat on the back, a hug are all things you take for granted, but not being able to do those things reminds you to appreciate it all. However, much like this moment did, my video chats later on the day made my day and touched my heart. As while it's tough to make it through a day, to chat with someone from the area, up north, or even someone from Japan, really warms up the heart. I was overjoyed by night's end and looking forward to the next, even though tomorrow will be filled with grading and planning. In the end you realize though that the greatest things are not the adventures you take, but rather those small interactions you have. As you often don't realize what you had until it's gone and it's definitely something I've experienced. Let's use this opportunity to appreciate these "small things" more, as this time has allowed us to magnify them to help us see just how special these "small things" truly are.


No comments:
Post a Comment