~:[CH9 - Day 132]:~ Dreaming in Reality
This time has felt like a dream, yet we are in reality. The chaos, the sadness, the anxiety and fear; all of it is all too real, yet also seems all too unreal. I dream of being far away, but yet, I haven't left my office for quite some time. As I created this compilation, I tried to encompass my current state of thoughts, a jumbled mess of the desire of freedom, the design of a creative, the pace of a city, and the calmness of nature. However, amidst all this chaos, these is a bit of calmness and serenity that I've found that has created a symbiotic relationship within my mind. At times it feels like a numbness, but it also feels like comfort. It some ways it is distorted, yet somehow it leaves me in a state of peace. We've lost so much within this crisis, but at the same time, there's been so much gained and in someways, I am grateful. As while at times we may not know where we are or be able to explain the jumbled thoughts within our mind, we'll eventually find ourselves, our path, and our reality. These days may seem like a dream, but it's also a chance to dream up, our new reality that lies ahead. The direction which we were headed can be redirected so we can find a place that is tranquility within the disorder. The band of one of my former students (Day6) released their new album today. The titled of the album, Demon, addressed the demons we face in our lives as we struggle through difficult times and their new title track, Zombies helps us come to terms with those same struggles as we hope to find better moments in our days ahead. It summed up this clutter that filled my mind as I hoped for even better days ahead for us all. Instead of waiting until it's too late to share our memories together, let's share one of those precious memories or compliment those close to us, to help life each other out of this time of disarray. As while alone the struggles may seem overwhelming, together, I know that we can make our reality into that dream we hoped one day could be realized.
A few images in this piece are from the wonderful work of @kohki from a previous collaboration! Visit his IG and check out his amazing work!


No comments:
Post a Comment