Friday, November 12, 2021

~:[CH10 - Day 316]:~ Weathering the Storm

 
~:[CH10 - Day 316]:~  Weathering the Storm

It's strange that in year that our theme was weathering the storm that the weather would be the biggest obstacle in our way during CIF. As the temperatures closed in on 90, athletes started to drop like flies and our athletes did their best to weather that storm. It wasn't easy, but they braved it. They pushed forward and left what they had on the course and for that I was proud. I know that they weren't happy by day's end, but there is no doubt that proud was an understatement with this group. For my seniors (and all those on the team during the pandemic), it wasn't easy to stay focused and keep training especially when there wasn't much of a regular season. The boys found their way to drastic improvements all due to the hard work they put in. They did extra workouts, pushed extra hard and really aimed at coming out on top. The ladies had kept their pieces together and added new pieces as they worked to progress and put their puzzle together. In the end, they didn't advance, but I can say that they did their best to weather the storm. This year, aside from a few, the hottest days fell on race days, but the athletes went out their and did it. Together they may have suffered, but that also helped them join together to face the challenge hand-in-hand. There are many moments from the past we want to forget, but during the past years, they made it so there are a lot of moments I want to remember. Sure there are adjustments we will need to make moving forward, but this group ensured that work as head is not as bad as it could have been. They focused, weathered the storm as best they could, and reminded me of how lucky I am to work with a group who went above and beyond when I wasn't there watching. To my seniors, thank you for your resilience, as you truly stood strong together in the toughest times and conditions we've ever faced.

No comments:

Post a Comment