
~:[CH10 - Day 318]:~ I Wish I Could ...
I think we spend a lot of time saying, I wish I could ... (insert action here). While there are things that we may never be able to physically do, there are a lot of things we say this in reference to that we actually could. Sure, it would take a lot of time and effort like many things do, but it's possible. As I watched the halftime performer move around on the cyr wheel, I was amazed and thought, how many hours did it take for him to get the hang of this. Probably a lot. As we transition back into a more normal state, as I hear the students, I do hear a lot of, "I wish I coulds ..," or "I could never ..." and it's a bit worrisome. I hope that the confidence that these students were beaming with before the pandemic resurfaces so they can once again believe that the can do what they want to do, rather than sitting on the sidelines saying, "I wish I could ..." I almost feel that we all are the same way (not just students) and that we also can get ourselves up out of that seat and take that first step towards doing what we wish we could. I hope that instead of simply wishing, we take that step that we never took; only then can we start that journey towards, I can!

No comments:
Post a Comment