~:[CH11 - Day 21]:~ Finding Our Own Style
After getting some work done in the morning, I caught a glimpse of Klimt and the beautiful interactive piece they created. While overall the exhibit was underwhelming, the interactive room was one that definitely caught the attention of most. What I thought would be a quick exit turned into a delay as I sat back and soaked in the music and beautifully created displays that surrounded me. As you may know, Klimt was an artist that rejected the styles of his time and created a place for contemporary artists to explore their crafts. One of his most famous phases, was the Golden Phase where he layered gold leaf on his pieces including one of his most famous works, The Kiss. As I last explored a Klimt exhibit in New York, it was a nice revisit to his beautiful art that has a way to capture you. It made me think of us as individuals as sometimes our style doesn't fit what society wants from us and that's okay. His Gold Phase also reminded me that many of us are already pieces of art, but need just that one additional layer for us to shine and stand out from who we are. It's hard to say if Klimt's pieces of his Gold Phase would have been as impactful without the gold leaf, but what I am sure of is that we all have the potential to shine like the pieces of that era if we just figure out who we are what will make us shine. Often times we will not find what makes us shine in what others want us to do, rather we can often find it in the masterpiece that lies within us that we must discover. I hope life us allows us to find our own style so we can show off the masterpieces that we truly are.

No comments:
Post a Comment