I'm not sure if it was an ominous sign, but the first day the rain would impact us was today. It wasn't a heavy rain, but during our dinner break the rain began to fall and it looks like it will continue off and on until we leave. I guess it's always challenging when you have the conference at the end of the trip. We really don't get to choose, it just depends on how our school schedule works with the conference schedule. We've had a long week, but the students got themselves focused and ready for committee. As usual, the difference in styles threw them off a bit, but I know that many of them kept their composure and focused in on what they needed to accomplish. As the students struggled with this and that, I tried to get them to focus on what they needed to work on in hopes that it could turn things around. I told them that we need to shed the negative energy and try to figure out what opportunities lie within these obstacles. The rain is definitely an obstacle and while it could have easily drenched us, we can deflect much of it with something as simple as an umbrella. For our own lives, sometimes our situations are like that. We already have what we need to deflect much of the problems we face, it's just a matter of whether we decide to open our umbrella or not. Instead of looking at how these obstacles are a problem, we can simply spend that energy looking for the solution. In the end, most of the students survived and found that solution and I am confident that those who didn't will find their umbrella soon enough.
Friday, February 3, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment