Sunday, February 19, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 50]:~ Outside Looking In

 
~:[CH12 - Day 50]:~ Outside Looking In

I honestly didn't know what to expect, but I knew I would be tired by day's end. I was right. After a conference the day before, I woke up early and drove over to the PoGo event. I arrived a little early and luckily snagged one of the last parking spots available. I think there were thousands of people there, although I don't know what the exact count was (or even an estimate). If you weren't part of the event, you would think that it was just this generation staring at the their phones and not paying attention to anyone else. It was kind of true as I almost bumped into a number of people throughout the day. However, each person was on their quest, aiming for a particular goal, whether it was making new friends, collecting, battling, and more. I was impressed by the variety of people from young to old, local and not and much, much more. Some were dressed up and spirited, while others just looked casual like it was another day at the park. Just like anything else in life, people invest into things they enjoy. As an outsider, you may not understand, but I hope that you can be understanding. Whether it's a type of music or style, the food someone eats or everything about their day to day I hope we can be understanding and appreciate our differences. Even within the PoGo community there is such a range and I'm not talking about the people. There are those who use it for exercise, some for socializing, some who collect casually and others who battle competitively. We are all so different and have our own interests, so when we are on the outside looking in, you don't have to take part in something those close to are into, but at the very least, appreciate that they are doing something they enjoy. I ended up walking 30,000 steps today around this park and still was playing when the event was all wrapped up as we found a few more opportunities to keep playing and when I think back, as exhausted as I am not, I am glad I decided to attend. As while I didn't accomplish all the goals I set my for myself today, I was glad I was able to experience such an event and learn even more than I knew before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment