Thursday, February 23, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 54]:~ I'm Not a Weatherman

 
~:[CH12 - Day 54]:~ I'm Not a Weatherman

A few days ago, I tried to predict whether or not it would be wise to hold our annual Black & Gold Meet today. Looking ahead at the forecast, it didn't look good and so I postponed it. I was wrong. The entire stretch our meet would have occurred, it didn't rain much. Of course, the track was wet from the hail earlier in the day, but still, we would have managed had the meet went on. Of course, I am not a weather man and am not always great at predicting the future. Life is like that, unpredictable. From all the things that happen to the people you meet, you never know where the road will take you. Tonight, we had a little farewell dinner for someone I can now call a friend. I remember him running by during band warmups claiming how fast he was. He ended up being one of my fastest runners and one of the few that ran in college. Of course, most importantly, he became a coach who was able to truly pass on his knowledge and skills to the athletes. Luckily for us, his move was delayed half a year so he could coach one more season and while I wish he could stay longer, I know it's time. Of course, just like the weather, I never could have predicted how much time we'd spend together. When the pandemic started, we ended up having weekly mini-chats that were quite comforting during my weekly boba run and my TJ run every other week. While I did enjoy the solitude much of the time, it was n ice to break from that mold every once in awhile. The boba runs turned to mini adventures, round of golf and more. While life wasn't normal, it created some normalcy in my life and for that I am grateful. I never could have predicted how important this connection would be, but ultimately, it kept me sane during the most challenging times of most of our lives. Life has a strange way of throwing storms in your  life when you least expect it, but as our reoccurring cross country theme goes, if there is no rain, there are no rainbows. I am truly grateful that I was Blessed with a ray of sun during the storms and while I am sad that he will be moving, I am happy that this move is because he met one of the goals he was aiming for. I know there are great things ahead as I know all the work that has gone on behind the scenes and how meticulous he is when he is truly focused on his goal. Eventually, when I make one of my treks do to a shoot somewhere around the world. I am sure that our paths will cross again, but instead of with me, he will be in the pilot's seat. I'm not a weatherman, but even if I could predict with such great accuracy, I couldn't have predicted how great the weather would be during this lengthy storm. Wishing you the best on the road ahead and thank you for everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment