My story says it all. It rained so much in LA today. I already knew that it would be the case, but all I could hear outside was the rain pouring down. There were gaps in the rainfall and luckily it happened to be when I stepped out of the car, but overall, it led to numerous things being canceled, including our meet tomorrow. Of course, maybe the rain was the shelter I needed. Normally we take shelter from the rain, but in this case, the rain allowed me to have a day to rest tomorrow. While I was looking forward to our meet, part of me was grateful to relax tonight and not have to think about all the things I had to prepare for tomorrow and not having to set my alarm. Life as of late has been so chaotic. When I am not working, I am grading, editing, trying to respond to emails, and keeping on top of this and that. With Nationals coming up and our track season in full swing, it meant my snacks and lunches were packed, I was at school late, and there was always something upcoming I needed to plan. The rain gave me an extra day to work on a lot of what I thought I wouldn't have time for. Sometimes these types of things are a blessing in disguise. For snowboarders, it will mean a great pack, while for us Californians, it will bring much needed water. Sure, there will be headaches that come with it such as the closure of the 5 at the Grapevine, flooded streets or canceled plans, but it also meant I could watch the game (online) and catch up with friends over LINE. Traffic will be worse and there will be headaches due to this weather, but sometimes the rain will bring shelter to us in other areas in our lives and while we may not see the benefits instantly, down the line, we'll realize that this hassle we face now, will benefit us in some way down the line. Every storm ahs it's purpose, so let's bear through it and reap the benefits of these challenge times when they finally are revealed to us. Be safe and hoping you can stay dry and warm.
Friday, February 24, 2023
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment