Friday, February 17, 2023

~:[CH12 - Day 48]:~ Not Today

 
~:[CH12 - Day 48]:~ Not Today

Sometimes, a day is just not your day. As I rolled through the day eager to get to the girls semifinal game afterschool, things seemed to be rolling well. Even when I arrived at the school, I got a great parking spot. However, that was the end of things working out. The girls held a slim 2-1 lead as they went into halftime, then an amazing kick from midfield and a goal on a penalty shot, sealed the loss. It was heartbreaking to see this team lose as they had played so well most of the game and just had a few moments that cost them the W. Regardless, the left it out on the field and I couldn't be prouder plus they'll have another shot as they advanced to the state regionals in a few weeks. When I got home, it was another visit from my niece and nephew. Most seemed to go well, but it did end with a few tears as today just was not the day. In the end, however, it was nice to have them visit and most of the stay went well. We'll have those days. Even when things are going well for the most part, the finale may not be what we had hoped for. Even if 99% went our way, that 1% can easily dampen the situation. Of course, perspective is important to allowing yourself to keep pushing forward. Today was not the day, but I am hoping that tomorrow or the next will have a better ending. If we keep pushing forward, we can give ourselves a better chance at the ending we seek. It's not easy to accept when things don't go our way, however, sometimes you have to realize that there isn't much you can do and you'll just need to work on it for next time. I am hopeful for what the future holds and hope that things pan out a little better than they did today, but I will also remember that even if the ending didn't finish as I hoped, there was still that 99% of the day that went well and I only need that 1% tomorrow to turn the tide. While today wasn't the day, I'll still be hopeful that maybe tomorrow will hold the key to finding that final 1% that will change this ending for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment