
~:[CH12 - Day 45]:~ The Chill & Fatigue
I stayed up late working the past two nights on a few projects I've been working on and also prepping for the upcoming in-house conference this weekend. On top of it all, it was definitely a chilly day as the cold air was quite penetrating. I had initially planned on going to the girls soccer quarterfinal game, but with practice running late and everything else, I thought it would be best to rest up and hope for a big W so I could go to the semifinals game. I got the sweet news that they had won, which lifted a weight off my shoulders as I would have felt bad for not going to the game today and I used the time I had to finish up a few more things I had on my to-do list. It definitely was a quiet evening as we celebrated yesterday, but I still able to enjoy the day, as I made my mom a hilarious card. I secretly dropped it off on the table and could hear her laughing as she looked at it. The laughter made me smile and was definitely ended my day on a high note. Valentine's Day has always been a day full of sweets, gifts, messages and more and I know my students enjoyed shifting through the bucket of candy I gave out. However, I do hope that they can see that this day is no different than any other day, where we have an opportunity to make those who we hold dear, smile, laugh and feel appreciated. While this day seems to make things so grandiose, our daily appreciation and love can truly be in the precious moments we share together. Happy Valentine's ya'll!

No comments:
Post a Comment