
~:[CH14 - Day 33]:~ Plow on Through
I woke up to this. It was beautiful, but it made me worry. I knew that this snowstorm could possible derail our trip home and it almost did. As we wrapped up our final day, the seniors messaged me asking what they should do while the crisis were going on. Typically, most of the substance is covered the first two days and the third day can be a crapshoot. Regardless, they did what they could to stay on task and wrapped up the conference well. With everyone doing pretty well, I knew that would all have a good shot at receiving an award, even when they only give out 4-6 awards per committee with some being as large as 160 delegations. We ended up with four awards. I know a few of them were disappointed, but at the same time, I always remind them that, when things don't work out, they should just keep moving forward and aim for a new target. Much like the snow can provide an obstacle, in life, we need to learn to plow right on through that snow and clear a new path for us to travel. It won't be easy, much like walking through the puddles or ice that develop after a snowstorm, but if we persevere, we'll find a path on which we can proceed forward. My fears became a reality as our flight was delayed and our estimated time of arrival back to LAX hovered around 3am. Regardless, we were able to board the plane and head home. It wasn't the schedule I hoped for, but in the end, we were able to head towards our final destination. The beauty of the snowstorm kept me in my room longer than anticipated in the morning. I was mesmerized by the beautiful falling snow that greeting us on our final day. As while the beauty of life can capture our attention, always prepare for the challenges that lie ahead and remind yourself that you can overcome anything in your path. Even when you only have a shovel in your hand, take your time and do what you can so that eventually, you find your way. Farewell Vancouver, we'll miss you.

No comments:
Post a Comment