I tried my best to make the schedule workout. I had planned this shoot from awhile back and thus, it was hard to move especially since they were coming from Japan and had a tight schedule. Sadly, I had to miss the CIF Finals game. I was hoping that my absence would be the lucky charm they would need to pull out the win, but sadly, they fell short. Sometimes things don't work out, but you have to give your full effort to at least know, you did everything you could. As I watched the girls, they battled back down from a 0-7 deficit, close it down to three points in the fourth. Unfortunately, they fell short, but they battled hard. It was an impressive stretch for these ladies, as this was their third final in four years. I wish that the third time was a charm, but it's truly impressive just to be here. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, it's just how life is. While saddened by the fact that they lost, I refocused on the shoot as I captured these various moments from this rehearsal of Chibi Unity. It's always great to work with them as they are so welcoming, although it would be better if I spoke more Japanese. I ended up with a small group that headed to a studio after as we shot into the evening. It was fun to work with them and it helped ease the pain of the loss. As I looked at the results of the shoot, I was overjoyed and truly grateful that despite one thing not working out, I still had this great opportunity I could experience. I wish that everything could work out in our favor, but that's just not reality. We hope for perfection, but we have to understand that sometimes things just don't work out and that's just a fact of life. I hope that while I wish you find success in everything you do, I hope you can make those moments when it doesn't workout into another opportunity.
Friday, February 28, 2025
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-18.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment