Monday, February 17, 2025

~:[CH14 - Day 48]:~ Just Original Enough

 
~:[CH14 - Day 48]:~ Just Original Enough

We can hope for the original, but sometimes, there's just no way. Whether it's lost, a piece is non-replaceable or it simply no longer exists, the original version of something may be out of reach. As we think of our childhood, there are some moments we want to relive, but the reality is, we will never be able to relive a moment or find that treat that you could get at the corner store. That's when we search for something that is just similar enough. Is it the original or as authentic? Probably not. However, does it satisfy its purpose, should be the real question. As my sadness loomed as I craved my favorite ramen from Tokyo, I luckily was able to purchase a box of it while in Japan. Was it as good as the original, definitely not. However, the taste gave me just enough of the delicious flavor as I was taken back to Japan momentarily. In life, we won't always find the original, but let's not simply give up, but do our best to find something that can fill that void as best as possible. From food, to memorabilia, and even loved ones, at some point, we'll find a void in our lives that was left by the loss of something special to us and the question is, can we find a way to fill that void. As while the original may not be available, instead of allowing that void to remain, I hope we can find something that can help us fill that void and become somewhat whole again. I treasured my last ounce of broth before calling it a day and while it wasn't the original, it allowed me to smile and reminisce of the beautiful memories the original produced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment