Friday, February 21, 2025

~:[CH14 - Day 52]:~ Treasures Untold

 
~:[CH14 - Day 52]:~ Treasures Untold

I opened a package from my friend and out popped this wonderful treasure. I have this strange habit of collecting things and one of the things I have a collection of is cards. I actually dislike the process of trying to sort through and figure out what these cards are worth, still  yet, I love the process of collecting and the exciting of the possibilities. In the end, many of the cards will be worth little, but even if their value isn't high, the memories created in the process will be priceless. As I look at this card, I am reminded of the moment I spent with my friend over dinner, as we talked about this and other cards, I really just liked the illustration and though, it would be cool to own a fairly good quality one of these. Sure enough, my friend sent me one. Part of me was happy about the card, but mostly, I was just happy to have another connection to Japan and my friends there. As Ariel in the Little Mermaid talked about her cavern and all the things that were there, my true cavern of treasures are the memories I've stored away throughout my life. Much like she realizes, material objects have their limitations of the joy they can bring, but the true treasures in life are being part of the world of the amazing people that surround you. The laughs, the adventures, and the moments up in the sun are all things that will be the most valuable of all the treasures that life can provide. Take a look at your life and see the cavern that you've gathered all of your "things." Are they truly the treasures you've been searching for or is it time to change your ways and discover the treasures you've been missing all along. To my wonderful friend who sent me this, I am not thanking you for the card itself, but with the many memories that accompany it  that I will truly treasure for the rest of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment