Thursday, March 13, 2025

~:[CH14 - Day 72]:~ Presidential

 ~:[CH14 - Day 72]:~ Presidential

With the conference starting up, we were made aware of a cool opportunity last week. We found out that the former President Biden would be speaking at the conference. He addressed the thousands of delegates in attendance and while doing so, he was so comfortable and genuine. Many remarked, it feels like you're talking to a grandpa with so many different stories. Many of them were relatable to the students and he helped encouraged them to get engaged and involved. It wasn't a partisan speech and the only negativity was when he poked fun of himself due to his age. Having the secret service watch my every move was a bit nerve-wracking, however, Biden speaking made all of us comfortable. Whether or not I agree with his policies is a mute point, I appreciate the compassion and humanity in his message. As he encourage the students to take on issues important to them, he reminded them to follow what they believed in and not the political road that may get them ahead. As I shook his hand and walked off after our picture, I was encouraged that our young leaders would hear his message that they have the opportunity to change this world, to bring good into the world, to work with others to fix what is broken, so we can find a path where we can work together and get along. I think the students themselves were also in awe at the opportunity they had. I feel like it inspired them as they debated in committee. It was a long day, but I'm sure that students didn't mind the extra time they spent in the meeting, as the time was well spent. I know that former President Biden has been constantly attacked with numerous falsehoods surrounding him, but it didn't take long to realize how many mistruths exist in this world. I hope that we can all approach life in a way where we welcome compassion and humanity and reject the negativity that has engulfed society. I am not sure what happened in such a short amount of time, but I know that even I have the power to impact those around me to help rebuilding a world filled with a positive energy that can overcome the negativity of our world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment