
~:[CH14 - Day 83]:~ A Little Extra Energy
It was a bit random. On this hot day that drained a lot of out of me, one of my runners handed me a Pokemon card. He said, "this is for you." I laughed as I turned it around and saw it was a basic energy card. It's worth a few cents, but as I thought about it more, its value was quite immeasurable. Even the simplest of things has a value greater than its market value. The market determines what people are willing to pay for something, as I often cover in my econ class. However, while this card may not be valuable and its intrinsic value outlook is similar, the card came to me at just the right time. It lightened the mood on this challenging day. Most things were actually going pretty smoothly as I wrapped up grades and took care of this and that, however, it still provided me with a little boost I needed at the end of the day, which helped me push through as I wrapped up another project. To many, this basic energy card is just a common card, but the value of something to the right person and at the right time, may be much more than you may realize. Luxury items may dominate the advertising market, but little do they realize that the things that bring the most into our lives don't always have a price tag. An old photograph, a handwritten letter, or a simple compliment may have a value greater than you could have ever imagined. Today, I received a little extra energy from one of my students and while I'll never be able to sell this card online or trade it for anything, it is just the thing I needed and at this very moment, it was the most valuable card in the deck.

No comments:
Post a Comment