Monday, April 28, 2025

~:[CH14 - Day 118]:~ The Miles of Files

 
~:[CH14 - Day 118]:~ The Miles of Files

When the date comes closer, I'm sure my printer gets worried. With the league championships, I take out my trusted folder and begin printing, page after page. From heat sheets to programs, my printer carries me through the process and helps me get everything in order. It definitely is not the most tree friendly process, but it is a process that I have down and it gets easier each year. It's always a bittersweet moment as once I have this folder complete, I know it's almost time to say goodbye to the seniors and this year's team. After tomorrow, we will not have the full team practicing like regular, as for many, their season will end tomorrow. After miles of running over the past four years, these years will leave with tired legs, but a memory full of many great moments. They will also have left an impression in my life and the lives of so many. This folder many only be a list of names and data, but it signifies so much more in a way that can never be quantified. I'll be glad when this is all over and I can put this folder back in its place, but still yet, part of me will be sad to shelve it, as it means that another chapter has ended. When I finally put that folder away for the last time and hang up my keys to the classroom, I wonder what these files will contain. I look forward to looking back on these memories in a few decades, but for now, I'm excited for the performances my athletes will have tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment