
~:[CH14 - Day 91]:~ Ain't No Fool
It was April Fool's Day. I had too be extra cautious as with friends in Asia, the day started early. However, for the most part, I avoided the pranks. In class, it was interesting that we were doing propaganda posters. Historically, when you look back on all the pieces of propaganda, some of them were true and relevant, while others were definitely trying to sway you one way or another. In our times, we face the challenge of figuring out what to believe. The propaganda that exists out there from all parts of the world are incredible and I'm not just talking about politics. It's difficult to decipher what to believe and thus, it takes time to dig into the issues and figure out what you believe. I implore you all to take the time to dig into the issues that come up before you pick a side. In a world where we are surrounded by propaganda, just like considering when others are trying to prank you on April Fools day, be vigilant on figuring out what to believe or not. As while on April 1st, it may just be a prank, if you fall for propaganda, the consequences can be quite severe.

No comments:
Post a Comment