-535.jpg)
~:[CH14 - Day 120]:~ In the Spotlight
Premios is always a great night. Celebrating students who have excelled in some way is definitely worth the time, even after an exhausting day at the track the previous day. To hear my current and former students get called up is fabulous and to recognize a few of my students is also truly a blessing. This year, I had a mixed bag as I gave one for excellence at conferences, hard work in XC, most improved in MUN, hardest worker in MUN, and the most diligent and engaged student. Each one of the awards I gave were for a different reason. I definitely was torn with a few decisions this year, but in the end, I am pretty happy with the choices I made. All these students work so hard and they definitely deserve this moment in the spotlight. We don't all get to be celebrities, but it doesn't mean we don't deserve a few moments in our lives when we are celebrated. These students should definitely feel proud of themselves, as they've earned their place in that spotlight for whatever reason they were chosen. In some way, they inspired a teacher and helped motivate us through their efforts. Next year and the year after will be the same. I am blessed with so many amazing and talented students and I look forward for when they get their opportunity to step into the spotlight that they truly deserve.

No comments:
Post a Comment