~:[CH14 - Day 99]:~ The Precious Snapshots
Most people know, I don't particularly like picture day. It's quite the challenge getting everything organized, especially with over 100 people in the picture. To ensure everyone has their jersey on top of simply getting them to line up tallest to shortest, I always wish for the day to be over. Strangely, today went fairly smoothly. The one thing I do like about picture day is that at the end of the day, I have an album I can look back on and remember all the athletes that came through. Similarly, the athletes have their own precious snapshots that they can remember and tell stories to their children and grandchildren about their running days, as I'm sure that when their knees and back are aching, without the pictures, they may never believe they once ran. As a photographer, I keep this in mind. These pictures are not simply a file, but they are something precious that will have more value than any of the possessions one may have. There are so many things that people can buy in life, but one thing you can't are these precious memories that can be captured through these precious snapshots.


No comments:
Post a Comment