Friday, April 4, 2025

~:[CH14 - Day 94]:~ Passing the Torch

 
~:[CH14 - Day 94]:~ Passing the Torch

When I look at parents, teachers, coaches, and even alumni, I see the efforts that are put in to give back to the next generation. The time spent by many to volunteer, support, and give advice is one of the most valuable things they can do to pass the torch to this next generation. Today, I had one of my alumni come back and share her experiences as she ventured into the music industry. As she discussed her journey through music, it was cool to see the seniors exposed to the paths that they can take as they venture forward. I think hearing about how this alumni took a detour to her current route sent an impactful message to them, knowing that they have the ability to veer from their path if they feel it's right. It was great to catch up, as while we chat from time to time, it was nostalgic to do it in a setting where we first cross paths. As we said our goodbyes, I was uplifted thinking about the time she gave up to pass the torch to these seniors, which also made me think about how much others have given up to make the programs I work with such a success. In the end, I get a lot of credit for these types of experiences and the other experiences that our students have, but none of them would be possible without the support of so many who take the time to volunteer or help in any way they can. The effort of everyone allows us to pass the torch the next generation, as they experience something that hopefully will want to make them help the generation that follows them. In a world with so many problems, it's those who give, who show compassion, and who give love, even to those who are strangers, who keep this world intact and allow it to keep moving forward. I hope that my future allows me to continue marching with such good, selfless people, as up to this point, I have been truly blessed with so many. As the music of this alumni flowed through my head as I listened to a few tracks, I hope that this same music reached out to one of my students and motivates them as they take their next steps in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment