Friday, August 1, 2025

~:[CH14 - Day 213]:~ The Long Haul

 

~:[CH14 - Day 213]:~ The Long Haul

I almost considered skipping this weekend since I felt the exhaustion and found difficulty adjusting. I decided to go. I actually slept well, which bored well for the marathon weekend. You have to sometimes ask yourself if it's worth it and when I thought about it all, it definitely had its value and so I decided to take it on. I figured out my plan and my body held up better than expected. I ended up pretty happy with the overall experience and what I accomplished today, but I was also reminded that it was only 1/3 of the way to the finish line. Throughout the day, I ended up meeting a few new people, but most of the time, I just observed and wondered about the world around me that I never knew. When you're on a long journey, there are a lot of opportunities to learn, to meet people, and to gain new experiences, the question is, what do you want to do during that long haul. As much as you always want to focus on the end goal, when the journey is this grueling, be open to the possibilities that are available to help making it not be so wearing on the body. Best of long to everyone on the long haul.


No comments:

Post a Comment