Saturday, August 23, 2025

~:[CH14 - Day 235]:~ Closing In

 
~:[CH14 - Day 235]:~ Closing In

I'm definitely a deadline person. I am good at approximating how long something will take and getting the timing right to finish it all by the deadline. My motivation is absence when the deadline is also absent, thus, I love to set deadlines for myself to keep me on track. As the Cow Run quickly approaches, all the work put in will ultimately determine how it plays out. While there are factors out of my control, the work that I put into planning, coordination, and execution will determine how it all plays out. I love putting on the event, but don't necessarily like the stress that accompanies it all. However, as the event closes in, there is a bit of excitement and anticipation as I think of all the things I need to do. Sure, it was one of the few days that was clear of anything, still yet, I had a long list of things to do before next week. I guess there never really is a "day off" during the school year. Of course, to keep my brain from being fried, I went to the market and ended up cooking dinner for my family, as it brings a good sense of satisfaction amongst a day full of grinding to get everything ready. As the day closes in, I worry if we'll have enough volunteers, if the participants will be happy, and if everything will run smoothly, but just like life, you can only do so much and with the deadlines how in view, I'll be pushing forward and closing in on the finish line. I hope to see many of you at the event next Saturday, but for those who I don't see, I hope that you find the motivation to keep working towards that finish line so you can find your own success in your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment