
~:[CH14 - Day 220]:~ Transcend
I wasn't feeling well, but well enough. In the morning, I actually had a good amount of energy, but as the day went on, I could feel the weight of fatigue fall on my shoulders as I stumbled into the finish line. I definitely enjoyed seeing the new features in Adobe Express as I thought about how I could use them, but still yet, my mind could not do much as when you're tired, you're just not as effective as you could be. I made it to practice in the morning before the PD, but I had to bail on the bonfire after as I took a nap, knowing all too well that my body needed it. Today's message was about transcending, but you also have to get a gauge on things in life to help you find the direction you need to go. Today, I took a little detour and listened to my body as I did what I needed to do and then let myself recover. Thinking about everything from athletics to academics and even life, we have to know that there are times where we will rise and other times, we need to be patient knowing that the timing just isn't right. I was inspired after watching of my students featured in the opening video talking about how he overcame his obstacles last year in MUN, but it also made me realize that as much as we want to get there, we have to prepare ourselves. Let's aim to transcend boundaries, but let's not be in a rush to fly, as we need to learn to do so when we are ready. Push your limits, but also know when you need to pull back a little to give yourself the time you need to gear up for liftoff. I felt rested by night's end and although I was a little bit sad that I missed out on what seemed like a great night for the ohana, I also knew that there will be another chance when the timing is right.

No comments:
Post a Comment