.jpg)
~:[CH14 - Day 222]:~ How Much of Yourself?
I did a lot of resting today. I cleaned and I rested as I prepped for the days ahead. My sleep schedule has been a bit skewed and so I wonder how the days ahead will be. As I think about it, I think about work and life in general. As I watched the movie Glass Heart, I was moved by the overall story as it displayed the passion someone has for what they love, the love they have for people dear, and they answer a question of just how far someone will go for what they love. I wonder if the passion in my own life is creating. As I push my limits at times, there are moments where I wonder why am I do this, but others, where I get lost in the work that I do. During some shoots, the world slows down and I begin to see the numbers moving through my mind as a person moves to various points on stage, directing me what to change the settings to? Is this a result of an obsessive attention to details while taking photographs? Does losing track of time while editing a video or photos tie into this as well? As I watched the movie, I connected with it, not just because the music environment reminded me of various shoots I did along the way, but also because I know what it feels like to get lost in the process of creating. When it comes down to it though, you have to ask yourself, how much of yourself are you willing to give for what you love? When I think of passion, I am often reminded of my former MUN teachers Mr. Neville. In connecting with the storyline, I saw the passion exude from my teacher as he continued to push despite the pain and fatigue he must have been facing. I think experience it made me realize that when you love something, you're willing to get to that point of sacrificing everything to do what you love. Can you ignore a burning flame and passion in your heart even when it takes everything within you to tend to it? Regardless, as I watched Glass Heart, I was trapped by the story and the emotions contained within it, which helped me reflect on my own journey and made me wonder where I wanted to go from here. As we search for meaning in life, I think it all comes down to, what are the things that keep that flame within us burning and how much of ourselves do we want to dedicate towards it. For each of us, that answer is different, but I think the main thing to consider is that there is no right or wrong answer. Be true to yourself, decide for yourself, but most importantly, be yourself, as you push forward on this journey.

No comments:
Post a Comment