Wednesday, December 3, 2025

~:[CH14 - Day 337]:~ Luxurious?

 

~:[CH14 - Day 337]:~ Luxurious?

I got into a debate with my friend today. After a meeting full of meetings, I headed to Shinjuku and enjoyed a number of things I missed as I now live across town. As we were chatting, he wanted me to join him at Louis Vuitton and I shook my head, no. I am not someone who looks at or considers luxury brands. He wanted a scarf and I rather get a scarf at the street vendor. I work with a lot of people who work in the industry of appearances, so I get it, but for me personally, I've never been inclined unless it has some special function. There's nothing wrong if you want to live a life of luxuious brands, but I rather avoid the luxury lifestyle and find more opportunities to experience things around me. I realized more today how frugal I am, as I opted for a cheap final meal and my friend gave me a small bowl of eel to wrap up my trek, but I guess today reminded me how different all of our perceptions in life are and that's okay. He went on his way and we linked up for a bit later. He ended up not getting the scarf as my $10 scarf kept me warm in the wind. Even without breaking the bank, I had what I needed and ended the day satisfied. Luxury brand or not, as long as it's satisfactory for you, then it's all right in the end! 

No comments:

Post a Comment