
~:[CH14 - Day 349]:~ Impressed
I always set stern guidelines when finals come around. I give the class deadlines for late work, deadlines to correct errors, and more. I think setting those boundaries is important to stay sane as a teacher, otherwise, you'll get bombarded with requests. Despite a focused and serious demeanor today, I truly was uplifted when I came across this extra credit assignment. One student took some time to draw a number of images to create this country brochure. There are many moments while teaching where you get frustrated or disappointed, but it's moments like these when you are uplifting, knowing that that there is hope after all. With finals rolling around, the final wrap up of the year will begin and while it's a stressful time for students, often, for a teacher, it's actually a bit more relaxing. There is a little less to worry about aside from grading as long as you have all your ducks in a row. Today, I wrapped up grading, reviewing anything submitted late, and correcting any errors. The end of 2025 is closing in and the stress of it all is starting to disappear like the marine layer in the morning. Slowly, but surely, I can see the finish line and I am excited for a little break from it all.

No comments:
Post a Comment