Sunday, December 21, 2025

~:[CH14 - Day 355]:~ Cleaning Out the Closet

 
~:[CH14 - Day 355]:~ Cleaning Out the Closet

It was about six years ago that I bought this card. I was searching online, buying Ohtani inventory here and there believing in his potential. He was coming off of Tommy John surgery so his value took a hit, but I still believed and collected cards here and there. When cleaning, I discovered what I had purchased over the years and was appreciative of my belief in him. However, cleaning isn't always about discovering gems that have monetary value, rather, it's about uncovering things you have forgotten about. Aside from the value of the card, the story behind it has just as much value. Just as a sentimental card, a drawing, a souvenir, and other mementos discovered in the process, there was a lot of value discovered during  day where I was cleaning and working on catching up with uploading albums. I made a lot of progress today, but I also did a lot of reminiscing as I searched through a pile of things, many of which I have long forgotten. My cleaning journey will continue so I wonder what I will find in the days ahead, but for now, I'll hold onto the memories I already recovered and look forward to remembering much, much more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment