Saturday, December 6, 2025

~:[CH14 - Day 340]:~ Rolling Out of Bed

 
~:[CH14 - Day 340]:~ Rolling Out of Bed

Not going to lie, today was one of the hardest days to drag myself out of bed. With the combination of the schedule and all the prep for the banquet, my body was telling me, just stay in bed. My alarm sounded though and I headed to school. It was Mira Costa! I always enjoy coming here to see our students level up. It can get a little discouraging and they often just miss out on an award, but we had a number of students get awards this year, which was a nice way to close out conferences for 2025. Award or not, I love the energy that the freshman had in committee as they worked hard to do well and improve. For over a month, we've been warning them that if they wanted to do well here, they needed to prepare. I guess a lot of them heeded that advice and did well. Although my fatigue really caught up to me around 2:30pm, it was worth every ounce of energy I expended to be there to witness a great performance from them. I later found out that my family would be visiting tonight. My body protested though and while I lasted for a bit, I ended up knocking out for a little before getting back to work. This time of year always has round the clock work, but the feeling when it's all over is quite amazing. With each check of a box, my smile grows slightly larger until it's time to relax and enjoy. With just a few more days until the big day, I will keep my motivation up by remembering that wonderful feeling when I cross the finish line. Today, my freshman crossed that finish line, excelling beyond my expectations, making me glad I rolled out of bed this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment