Saturday, March 3, 2018

~:[CH7 - Day 62]:~ Turbulence

~:[CH7 - Day 62]:~ Turbulence 
I used to believe in these fairytales. That is something that is no longer. It's not because I've become apathetic, but rather, I've come to realize how great life actually is. I've seen how our imperfects are what can make life perfect and how turbulence in our lives brings opportunities. As the plane approached swaying and rocking, that turbulence was all to real and a foreshadowing of a day that matched that turbulence. In some cases it was bad, in others, it was manageable, but regardless, it was present. It reminded me the reason why I don't believe in fairytales, because they aren't what we should be hoping for. The darkest times in our lives often allow us to see that the light is even brighter than we imagined, the trials and tribulations we face are what make the most out of us, and the heart that breaks may just be the thing that allows us to shed the protective coating that shows us the true heart that we've never really found. This year, more than ever, the experience has been different than in year's past, but it doesn't mean it was any better or any worse, but it was its own. It's too early to tell what this week will bring and even with a little turbulence, I cannot put a label on the day. Even the most devastating of situations can be a blessing that we won't see until years down the line, but for now, we'll survive the turbulence and just know that better things are headed our way. I may not believe in fairytales, but it doesn't mean I don't see the great things headed our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment