Thursday, March 22, 2018

~:[CH7 - Day 81]:~ A Final Bow

~:[CH7 - Day 81]:~ A Final Bow
Tonight was the fourth and final time that I watched Allegiance. I saw it twice on Broadway and twice in Little Tokyo and was captivated by it every time. Aside from the powerful music and great acting, the story is something that we all need to hear. I have seen this as an important topic to truly cover in history, not because I am Japanese-American, but because it is something we cannot have repeated. Sadly, the realities of these racist attitudes have reappeared over the course of history and one can only hope that they never escalate to how things were during this time in history. As I sat front and center during the show, I was so impressed on how they adapted this show for LA. The new cast shined on stage including my very own friend Janelle Dote, who kept the humor flowing through the show and danced the night away. It may not have been a coincidence that it was raining tonight, as it was just like the tears that flowed within me, as I realized there is a chance I will not get to see this production live again. While I hope that is not true, I will treasure the opportunity I had to see such a powerful show and while I was sad that the weather canceled my track meet, it also allowed me to not miss a second of this wonderful production, for which I am forever grateful. With less than ten shows left, I encourage you to catch this show while it's still running, to entertain yourself, but also to remind you that in no case, can we allow ourselves to repeat something like this again. It was a sad moment in the history of our nation and it is my hope that history doesn't repeat itself. As they took their final bows, I was sad that it was over, but thankful for the opportunity to be here. Amazing job cast, have a great final stretch, and thanks for sharing this story to the tens of thousands who will have joined you who will be forever changed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment