Thursday, March 8, 2018

~:[CH7 - Day 67]:~ The Back & Forth

~:[CH7 - Day 67]:~ The Back & Forth
Conferences are an interesting beast. One day, things are going spectacular and the committee takes a 180, while in other situations, it does the opposite. I think learning to deal with this is one of the best things about Model UN. The students have to learn to adapt to every given situation and see if they can in fact navigate their way through these difficult challenges. It is emotional and definitely a challenge for them to learn how to handle the situation, but in the end, it teaches them a lot. Things in life are usually not going to go perfectly, however, there are always ways you can navigate difficult situations. Learning to keep your cool in finding a solution to the problem is important. I always see these situations come up in my own life and I think back to how I handled the situations in Model UN and how I see my students doing it. Life is a back and forth like this and while sometimes these back and forths are more serious in nature in real life, the reality is, the skills to navigate through these moments are the same. Stay positive and know that you can make your way through even the most difficult of times and don't forget to enjoy those wonderful moments you truly deserve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment