Wednesday, March 21, 2018

~:[CH7 - Day 80]:~ Capturing the Moment

~:[CH7 - Day 80]:~ Capturing the Moment
Picture day is well known to be my least favorite day of the year. The irresponsibility of athletes leads to headaches when they ask to "borrow" as I yell out "no," organizing them in lines, and just the time it takes to piece it all together, ends up being a big pain. Regardless, at the end of the day, picture day captures some of the best moments of the season and helps create memories to last for a long way down the road. Once the day is over and I got back and look through the photographs, I smile, thinking that it just might have been worth it, before I go back to my state of frustration over how it all went. I sit here at the end of the day, scrolling through my photo reel and am glad that we had today and while I am exhausted, tomorrow, I will be happy that it's over, but also happy that it happened. It was a crazy day with meetings and collecting, grading and a meet up, and watching the weather all day, just hoping it would clear up just enough to allow for our picture day to happen. It did and was perfectly timed. I guess it must have been a sign that as much as I hoped this day would be canceled, it's something that I shouldn't take for granted, as capturing the moment is important, before we allow that moment to pass us by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment