Monday, March 26, 2018

~:[CH7 - Day 85]:~ Dance Like Everyone is Watching

~:[CH7 - Day 85]:~ Dance Like Everyone is Watching
It was such a pleasure to have the Japanese Dance Drill teams visit our school. While we didn't get to see all 18 performances, our students enjoyed the ones they got to see; so much so that they try to stage a sit-in in order to see the rest. Ergo, they were sent to class while the performances went on. I too, wish I could have seen the rest of the performances, regardless, the ones I got to see left me amazed again. It's great to see the precious and energy that the teams brought to the floor and it was nice to have them in a rally setting. Throughout the day I kept hearing, "Did you go to the rally? It was amazing!" It definitely was! It was nice to have this cultural exchange, where our students get to see these performers from Japan, 250 strong. It was even better because we had exchange students on campus from Tokyo and I believe that their school also performed! It brings me joy to watch dance. For those who know me, I love to dance. Being the INFJ that I am, I would prefer that no one sees me dancing, but once I can get myself to overcome my fear, I feel free. It's often said to dance like no one is watching, but I think we should say, dance like everyone is watching. Why? Because we live in a society where we are so afraid to be judged by others, which leaves us hesitating to do something that we may so eagerly want to do. We often think of what others may think of us or how we will be judged. However, it's something we need to get over. Who really cares what others things if you're doing something you love and there's no wrong in doing it. You may not be as precise as the teams we saw today, but if it makes you feel free, then do it. Life is too short to allow people to stop you from doing what you want, whether it's a dream or a simple thing like dancing. Dance like everyone is watching and don't have a care in a world, because no matter what they think about your performance, the freedom you feel will be well worth it. Set yourself free from the shackles that society has placed on you and chase after all the things that you're passionate about. Let people judge and say what they want, because it is you who will be smiling, as you gracefully or ungracefully move across the floor. Regardless of how it looks, it will leave a smile on your face and honestly, that's all that really matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment