Sunday, March 10, 2019

~:[CH8 - Day 69]:~ Home, At Last

~:[CH8 - Day 69]:~ Home, At Last
As I sat down with my friend this afternoon, I realized that the past few months have been the craziest of my life. From work to freelance work, to just a few R&R stretches, I haven't been able to stay home very much. I knew this was coming and realized that the stability in my own life wouldn't be the same for this stretch. I began to prepare myself, as I wouldn't see my friends and family as often as I wanted and there was a lot of planning to do. Looking back, I often think, I shouldn't have done this or done that, but the reality is, you make your choices and you live with it. Yes, it was great to see all these wonderful places, but being away, just helps remind you that home is somewhere that is special. I get to be home for a long stretch and I do not mind at all. My mind and body need some time to recover and I need to reconnect with the world around me now that I am finally grounded. Strangely, when I landed back home, I actually got another freelance offer in Asia, but for now, I had to decline, as I need to enjoy home, at last. The Instagram life is something that many dream of, but then again, why can't we see that all around us, there are moments waiting to be captured. As while the beauty of the world around us may be able to be displayed to the world there, Instagram can never capture the beauty of all the relationships and intangible things that we hold dear, right here in our own backyard. As while I have been away for more days than I have been home recently, I will welcome with open arms the weeks ahead that will be enjoy in the comforts of my own bed. Yes, I am home at last and I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment