Friday, March 15, 2019

~:[CH8 - Day 74]:~ May We Fly ...

~:[CH8 - Day 74]:~ May We Fly ...
The painted lady butterflies continued to fly as they migrated up the coast. It was a beautiful sight and makes you wonder about the beauties of nature. How do they know where to go? What do they do as they flutter along? If you could see from the perspective of these beautiful things, there would be a lot of questions and maybe not a lot of answers, but with limited time to enjoy this, I soaked it all in and smiled as I knew that it was something we could enjoy. I guess it paralleled to track and field. We joined up to a new invitational and while a small meet, the facility was beautiful and the meet was run efficiently. Sometimes you wonder what is going on in the minds of the athletes as they float along to their destination. While they may be running in circles, it's the mental game of running that amounts to almost everything. I sat back and enjoyed watching the athletes as they celebrated in success with all of our medals and PRs and while there were some defeats, I know that these moments of falling short are just what these athletes need in order to find themselves in a place where they can get back up and become stronger. By 8:30pm, we were already wrapping up and I got home a little before I thought I would. Sometimes you wonder why things happen, like how I ended up teaching and coaching, but sometimes, instead of asking all of these questions, you should just sit back and enjoy the fact that it is happening. The butterflies will soon disappear as their migration will be complete, however, the memory of these moments will forever remain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment