Monday, March 18, 2019

~:[CH8 - Day 77]:~ How You Play Your Cards

~:[CH8 - Day 77]:~ How You Play Your Cards
A long time ago, I picked up a review game that I still use as my go to today. While it can get a bit noisy, the students enjoy it and it seems to be a good prep for the exam. Every time we play, I think about how life is a lot of times about how we play our cards, how we read others, and how we respond to the situation. In many cases, life will burn us and leave us out to dry, but if we slowly battle back, we can get ourselves back into the game. I guess the job as a teacher and coach is like that on a daily basis, as you try to figure out how to best play your hand with your students. Do you bluff? Do you go all in? Are you patient? It seems that I always take a different approach with every period, every year. It's strange how different the personalities are in every class. Later on, I learned about the realities of getting played in life. As I filled out  my taxes, everything was about the same as it was the previously year. The only difference? I am bringing home thousands less on my federal refund and a bit more in the state. I already prepared myself and even delayed my filing date in case, but sadly, most of what I heard was true, I got hit hard with the bluff, but sadly, I never really fell for it, knowing something had to be too good to be true. However, that is life. I could sit her and complain or write a long post about how bad the political landscape in this world is, but I am not going to waste my time. Rather, I'm going to get back into the game and work my way back, as while I could wish for something better, my time is better spend finding a different way to play the hand that I'm dealt. You can't change some of things around you, but you can change your mindset and your ability to maneuver the path ahead of you, no matter how many obstacles you face. As while I may not have been dealt a great hand with my hole cards, I know that unlike poker, in life, I can work hard enough, so I need not worry about that river.

No comments:

Post a Comment