
~:[CH11 - Day 171]:~ The Empty Streets (or Not)
It was my last day in Kansai as I headed back to get some more work done, however, I had a little bit of time to explore before heading off. There was an area that I wanted to see before I left and was lucky to have found it fairly quickly. It's definitely a cool little area, although it often can be quite crowded. I quickly snapped this shot as someone just disappeared in the distance and someone was about to walk into the frame from behind. It's funny how there are split second windows of opportunities in some cases. Many people taking photos came and went, not waiting for that moment, however, I stood there and waited through two wedding shots on the street along with hoards of people walking by including a number of school groups. Regardless, no matter how this shot came out, it was more about the process of it all. The ability to stay patient and wait for the golden opportunity is always a reminder that your time will come, but you just have to be willing to seize the opportunity when it arrives. When people look at this image, they will only see this beautiful empty street in Kyoto, however, there's so much more satisfaction behind this image that will never be captured within its frame.

No comments:
Post a Comment