Tuesday, June 28, 2022

~:[CH11 - Day 179]:~ Expired

 
~:[CH11 - Day 179]:~ Expired

If you ever go to Japan, be sure to get the JR Rail Pass if you ever plan to go around the country. If you're staying in one area, the value may not be so great, but if you're moving around, it's worth. I'm based in Shinjuku during the trip, however, I've trekked through the Kansai region, Nagano, Nagoya and more. It's been great to be able to jump on the shinkansen for a few hour trek across the country. The one's I've taken have been a one or two night trek, but today's would be a day trip to Osaka. The trek is about 500km and would take about six hours to drive, but the shinkansen gets you there in under three hours. You literally walk to the platform, wait at your car, walk onto the train and it takes off. You can't be late, as it almost always leaves right on time, but it's super efficient. A trek like that would cost you anywhere between $90 - $130 dollars one way, but is included with the rail pass. I didn't take a day trip to Osaka just to use it, strangely, I went there to visit a university and met about MUN. The school is hosting a conference in a few weeks, so I sat down with the professor and just went over the logistics of the conference. I learned more about Model UN in Japan as I set foot on trying to help programs get started off the ground. It won't be easy, but hope that in the future, we can create a few bridges with schools so that they can implement this program that has been so valuable for so many. My friend picked me up and we went through the Koreatown in Osaka, grabbed lunch as we headed to the station. I jumped on the train and headed back, sad that it might be my last shinkansen ride of the trip. I messaged my friend as we were celebrating all together for his birthday later that night and sent a picture of the beautiful landscape. As we all hung out later, I showed off pictures of the beautiful ride and while some of them had already been there, they still enjoyed looking at the photos. My pass officially expired at 23:59, however, the memories it created on this trip will definitely live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment