Wednesday, June 29, 2022

~:[CH11 - Day 180]:~ Head Down

 
~:[CH11 - Day 180]:~ Head Down

Today I wasn't working too far from where I'm staying, but to get there, I had to trek through some of the more seedy areas of Shinjuku. It's not bad if you compare it to the neighborhoods we may run across, however, you definitely want to walk look forward and not getting distraction by those trying to grab your attention trying to get you into their bar, restaurant or club. If you're looking for night life, Kabukicho is definitely the place to go, just be aware that if you're going to get scammed, it might be in this area. I normally keep my head down and just power walk through the area before I get back. closer to the station. It was a little unlucky that we were shooting at night as if it was in the day, it might not had been as bad. Regardless, it was still scorching as it has been the past few days. I've always had to survive the humidity, but the temperatures have soared into the high 90s, which is not regular. I made it safely and back and had a successful shoot and also enjoyed trying to look like a local just passing through so I wouldn't get approached. It seemed to work as I made it unscathed. It was actually nice to walk through that area late as it was fun to watch people sprint as they were trying to catch the last train at the station. The streets were still full surprisingly, so just in case, I kept my head down and powered ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment