I'm always a little sad to be away on this day. To see the stories and posts of others celebrating this beautiful day makes me sad that I am not home, but apart of me still feels how special this day is. I luckily got to meet one of my older friends who visited the US along time ago. They home-stayed with us awhile back and we've kept in contact here and there. It was wonderful to be able to see each other, meet her daughter who is about the age when she visited us in the US, and just wander around. It's funny how many memories pop up when we chat about those days and makes me realize just how much time has passed by. I then ventured to do a shoot with my friends as we explored a bit after taking some basic shots. We ended up at Shibuya Sky. Originally, only the indoor area was available due to weather, but luckily, by the time we entered, we were allowed to go out to the deck and it was beautiful. To see Tokyo from above and just be able to rest on the rooftop was quite amazing. While they are pretty strict and always watching you to ensure you follow the rules, if you do, it's definitely a great moment you can soak in. On top of it all, the bad weather allowed the rooftop to be fairly empty, which was even more amazing. As while I thought we might only be there for a short while, we ended up hanging out there for awhile, feeling the wind that cooled us off from the humid day. The breeze made me feel the freedom and just looking around made me feel as if I could fly. It didn't necessarily replace the fireworks I would be missing and the celebrations ongoing with family and friends, but today did give me a little sense of that celebration I would miss to celebrate the home that I will soon return to.
Monday, July 4, 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
%20-%20Shibuya%20Sky-776.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment