Saturday, July 23, 2022

~:[CH11 - Day 204]:~ Grind

 
~:[CH11 - Day 204]:~ Grind

This two day combo is always the toughest. Waking up for an early AM practice after a late night bonfire makes me wonder what am I thinking. After talking to the athletes, a few of them still wanted to go and so we went out and took on Glavinich. It definitely is one of the tougher workouts and every time we are there, someone passing by always awes as how steep and tough the hill is. My athletes keep grinding through it. Most teenagers want to be sleeping on a Saturday morning, but these athletes volunteered for this extra workout. While today's group was small, I was still proud that a few of them decided to come out and I just hope that the athletes are rewarded for grinding through this difficult combo weekend. All of us have these challenges we face that we know what's coming and I hope that we all face it head on and show them that we overcome the difficult circumstances in order to reach the goals we are striving towards. It's not easy now, but at the end, I'm sure the satisfaction will be worth every ounce of energy spent during the grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment