Friday, July 29, 2022

~:[CH11 - Day 210]:~ Eggs in a Basket

 
~:[CH11 - Day 210]:~ Eggs in a Basket

It wasn't the best day. My insta360 got stepped on, so I had a scratch on the lens, I couldn't quite get all the work I wanted done, and of course, the biggest issue of the day was, I didn't win the Mega Millions and my one billion dollars was stolen from me. You read that right, stolen. Of course, it was fun to read the responses to what I should spend my one billion dollars on. I guess, just like the watermelon relay we had today, you can't always depend on everything going as planned. I always set aside watermelons to enjoy after the event, assume that most of the watermelons will meet their demise. I guess it's what makes the day memorable as we often get a good amount of alumni showing up on this day as well. Often times people say to invest all your time in what you are working on to make it successful, however, I always take the approach to find joy in a number of things to avoid having all my eggs in one basket. It's not that I am afraid of failure, but understand that, at least for me, variety will not only help me stay focused, but will also bring me greater joy. I always seem to not depend on one thing, but have a variety of things in place just in case the inevitable happens. With investments, I often do the same and while I tend to favor one investment over a number, diversifying has helped me find greater success and kept me engaged. Strangely, it also aligns to how I've invested my time. For all of us it's different and some will go full force in one area. I have a lot of friends who invest all their time and energy in music, family, business, athletics and more, and that is the right decisions for them, but for me, I never leave my eggs in one basket. They often say, a jack of all trades, but a master of none and a lot of that has to do with the fact that my portfolio of life is do diversified. There were a lot of things that didn't go right today, but I just stepped into the kitchen, cooked up a good meal and enjoyed watching some shows. It didn't correct what didn't go right today and couldn't ease the pain of losing a billion dollars, but I found things to bring joy to my day. I may never find that single golden egg, but at least I can find comfort that even on the worst of days, they'll be an egg waiting in one of my many baskets. Are you single-basket minded or multiple-basket minded?

No comments:

Post a Comment