We ventured to the "other" park, California Adventure today and the start seemed similar for the nephew. However, it only took some music and bubbles to get him going. That's how it started and it ended with bubbles as well as they played with their new bubble makers in line of our last ride. I'm not sure what it is about bubbles, but they seem to have some magic healing power. When you see it, you want to reach out and grab it, but then it pops. Instead of being sad that your goal disappeared before your eyes, you reach for the next and keep at it. We learn it as a child, but still somehow find ourselves doing it as adults (at least I do). I wonder how different our lives would be if we approached our life like we do with bubbles. If life itself brings a smile on our face. Then even when our goal disappears before our eyes, we reach out and try to grab the next one and then the next. Who knows how different our lives would be and if we'd be carefree, stressed out or simply unaccomplished, however, if we can just capture that perseverance of a child trying to catch those bubbles and the joy that comes along with it, I'm sure that our lives right now would drastically feel different. In the end, we accomplished most of what we aimed to do, I got home and got half the work done I had hoped, and then prepped a little for the week. As I worked through the night, I thought of those bubbles and smiled. I hoped that one day, I could successful capture one of those bubbles, but even if I didn't, I hoped I would never lose the joy of chasing those bubbles.
Sunday, July 31, 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment