Thursday, January 18, 2024

~:[CH13 - Day 17]:~ Work Hard, Play Hard

 
~:[CH13 - Day 17]:~ Work Hard, Play Hard

The clock is counting down quicker than it should. With just a few days left before I set out, I have loads of work on my plate. Sadly, it felt like more and more kept getting added. With our philosopher's forum today, it was quite chaotic as I tried to get everything setup, while handing out sweaters, while handing back positions papers, while collecting for Security Council, and while finishing up the final paperwork for the trip. Soon, I'll be able to take a breather, but for now, it's definitely full speed ahead. Of course when you work hard, you can also play hard. I took a short break before the basketball games and had a nice lunch. We always hit the same spot as we scarfed down loads of food and capped it off with boba. I ventured to the gym to watch our teams "play" hard as they faced up against some tougher competitions The girls JV team broke away, the girls varsity team came back from a deficit and the boys team opened up a solid lead. With all the chaos, I accidentally gave my brother the wrong DVD and thus, we didn't have the altered starting lineup even though I had worked on it all night (sad). Regardless, I was just happy that we ended up winning and we ended up in good spirits with the sweep at home. I felt like I had a bit more piled on me today, but still yet, I know I will be able to wrap up my grading, finish off a few more tasks, and finally pack my bags for our next MUN conference. The countdown continues! 

No comments:

Post a Comment